Information on the FY2023 Humanitarian Relief Funding is now available! Full guidance can be found HERE. A useful webinar on Humanitarian Relief Funding can be found HERE by scrolling down to Recorded Presentations
To allow more opportunities for agencies to submit applications for funding, there will be multiple open application periods:
|Quarter||Application Available||Eligible Reimbursement Period||LRO App Submission Deadline To LB||LB App Submission Deadline To NB|
|1||01/02/2023 – 02/17/2023||10/01/2022 – 12/31/2022||02/17/2023||02/24/2023|
|2||04/03/2023 – 05/15/2023||01/01/2023 – 03/31/2023||05/15/2023||05/22/2023|
|3||07/01/2023 – 08/11/2023||04/01/2023 – 06/30/2023||08/11/2023||08/18/2023|
|4||10/01/2023 – 11/10/2023||07/01/2023 – 09/30/2023||11/10/2023||11/17/2023|
Applications will be completed online by visiting www.efsp.unitedway.org and clicking on the Humanitarian Funding Info tab. They will be sent to the Local Board to review before they submit the applications to the National Board for review and award determination. Complete applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on the submission deadline date. You may view the application and required supplemental information starting on page 27 of the FY 2023 Humanitarian Relief Funding Guidance document.
Funding is available to agencies who provide eligible services to families and individuals encountered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Humanitarian Relief Application consists of five categories of service. All expenditures made by agencies must fall within one of the categories.
- Primary – includes only food and shelter
- Secondary – includes, but is not limited to, health/medical services
- Administrative – includes, but is not limited to, permanent and temporary staff overtime, and postage
- Equipment and Assets – includes purchases and leases, and necessary renovations to make facilities safe, sanitary, and compliant with local codes and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Transportation – includes local and long-distance travel (e.g. taxi, bus, air, train) for families and individuals encountered by DHS and for agency staff that may be required to assist them while traveling.
To read more about these categories and the documentation required for this funding opportunity, please read the FY 2023 Humanitarian Relief Funding Guidance which can also be found on our Resources & Documents page. For more information about EFSP funds in general, please visit our FAQ page for more information